Assessments are carried out within the home, school or support environments accessed by an individual (i.e day services, respite care). We look holistically at the individual across a range of settings to see how they communicate functionally and assess how we may support that individual to develop their communication skills.
- An assessment typically last up to 90 minutes.
- As part of the assessment process case history will be collated with the individual and their support network.
- Assessments carried out may be formal (using standardised assessment tools) or informal (observational/non standardised assessment activities).
- Each assessment carried out will be tailored to the individuals needs.
- Following the assessment you will be provided with a comprehensive report that will detail the findings of our assessment and suggest a plan of therapeutic support. The report will be provided within 10 working days of the assessment.
- Following an assessment you are under no obligation to engage in a therapy plan with us.
Initial AssessmentFace to Face / Home or School
90 minutes visit
Full review of prior records before assessment
Comprehensive report following assessment
15 days email or telephone follow up support